Is This For Me?
Grief is a universal language of the soul, yet it is unique and deeply personal. The deep sadness, anger or other emotions you may feel serves as proof that your loss mattered; this isn’t how life was supposed to go.
If you are experiencing a loss that you are having difficulty coming to terms with, it can indicate that a healing and recovery group may be for you.
The following short quiz may reveal hidden ways that you might be holding on to grief.
- Do you feel you need to hide parts of your story for fear of what others will think of you if they find out?
- Are you struggling with fears, anger, anxiety, nightmares, unwanted thoughts, etc.?
- Do you feel “stuck” in your current circumstances?
- Have you been bullied in any stage of your life?
- Are you ready for a different ending to your story?
- Do you feel helpless to overcome the ghosts of your sexual past?
- Do you struggle with intimacy issues?
- Have you experienced the loss of a loved one, a dream, motherhood, innocence, friendship/relationship, or intimacy in marriage?
- Do you sometimes overuse prescription pain medication, alcohol, or other numbing agents to get through difficult times?
- Do you battle with secret addictions, such as spending, bingeing, pornography, gambling, etc.?
- Do you struggle with control issues?
- Do you have difficulty forgiving people who have hurt you?
- Are you preoccupied with the anniversary dates of major losses in your life?
- Are you struggling to enjoy things that you used to enjoy?
- Do you feel that your current circumstance is “punishment” for choices you made in the past?
If you answered YES to any of the above statements, a healing and recovery group can help you move forward.